Saturday 4 August 2012

The last time I posted whatever came into my mind was not what was meant to be posted. I actually wanted to write about how times have changed in the last half a century but it became something other than what it was meant to be. I shall make another attempt. So help me God.

Unfortunately one sees with ones own eyes most of the time, to perceive through the others is not easy. Thus whatever I or anyone else writes most certainly or at the best of times have a personal element even when written with respect of a larger canvas. Fiction poetry plays et all. The author will always emerge somewhere.

There is a obvious change from childhood to adolescence until adulthood and then old age. I have seen such around me not in people but in the larger social, economic and political scenario. Seen how people change with times, how aspirations become larger, and how scientific progress is so fast that to keep pace with it one has to per force adjust to the climate of change. When I was young ( personal anecdote begins!) we used to just drop in at someone's place unannounced or they would at ours, and if it was close to a meal time, all would eat together, share the luck of the pot, things were easy, life was simple, commodities of course were always expensive and everyone complained about the rising prices.... one thing which has not changed one bit.If now a milk carton is Rs 63/- compared to Rs 50/- a few months ago we cringe, then if it went up from RS 4/- to RS 6/- we cringed too. All in all the days gone by were easier and the happiness quotient was more. This is not to say that now people walk about without smiling or that life is so difficult that everyone ponders about their state of being but by far things have become a bit more trying.

Difficult to continue now as I have to rush to work... will do so in a few hours, bear with me....

1 comment:

Sameer said...

नंदिताजी,

जीवन आपने जीया है, अनुभव आपको हुए है, अनुभव के आधार पर आपका अपना एक 'मत' बना है, एक नजरिया बना है.....आपकी या किसी की भी लेखनी में 'मैं' तो होगा ही !...'मैं' पर ज्यादा भार व हल्ला-गुल्ला किये बगैर अपनी बातें खुलकर लिखती रहिये...नंदिता व 'मैं' को अलग करना मुमकिन नहीं.....